Creative thinking, effective problem solving, increased productivity, job satisfaction, and more: the benefits of collaboration are significant, both for individuals and organizations. That is, when things run smoothly. But there is much more to collaboration than working side-by-side with people. There is an effective way to collaborate - and an ineffective way to collaborate. Believe it or not, sometimes it is the wrong choice altogether. That is because successful collaboration requires a combination of the right situation, well-honed skills, and an open mindset.
Before the individuals in your organization attempt the next project, introduce them to Skillful Collaboration. Its the soft-skills training program that will help them to make sense of the ins and outs of collaboration. From setting common objectives, defining roles, and establishing processes to communication strategies, troubleshooting obstacles, and building networks, Skillful Collaboration focuses on how to structure an effective framework that enables individuals to develop harmonious and productive working relationships.
Successful completion of this course will increase your ability to:
- Understand when collaboration is an effective and beneficial approach to a project—and when it isn’t.
- Establish and communicate expectations to group members to ensure a successful collaboration.
- Recognize the inward attitudes and outward behaviors necessary to collaborate well.
- Implement communication strategies that foster collaboration and avoid those that hinder it.
- Build your network to increase your ability to collaborate.
- Identify non-collaborative behaviors and implement strategies to cope with them.