Knowledgeable in Federal Rules of Civil Procedure/Evidence, statutes of limitations/repose, burden of proof, damages/remedies, insurance policies/subrogation, practice/procedure forms, POA, release/consent, liens, agency, witness statements/affidavits.
The PI Core Course is required for any successful completion in a PI Practice Area course. Upon successful completion of the PI Core Course and one PI Practice Area course gives a certificate of completion in the Practice Area. Upon successful completion of the PI Core Course and all 8 PI Practice Area courses gives a certificate of completion in Personal Injury.
This course combines substantive and procedural personal injury law with the essential steps and elements of pursuing or defending a claim for personal injury damages - from client intake and case evaluation to settlement or trial. The core course reviews:
- The essential elements of a personal injury case: parties, liabilities, damages, forms, documents, and witnesses;
- Obtaining police, medical, and employment records necessary for calculation and proof of liability and damages;
- Locating, retaining and preparing experts and their reports for case evaluation, assistance, and trial testimony;
- Gathering information and preparing settlement proposals and demands; and
- Preparing and presenting witnesses, exhibits, and documentation to support or defend a case at trial.