- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Advanced Paralegal Certification
- Certified Paralegal Program
- For Certified Paralegals
- For Examinees
- Application-Deadlines, Qualifications and Fees
- Application-Documentation Required
- Testing Centers-Overview/Policies
- Testing Centers-PSI
- Testing Centers-NonPSI
- Preparing for the Exam- Practice Test Bank
- Preparing for the Exam-Suggested Study Material
- Join NALA
Preparing for the Exam-Suggested Study Material
Before planning your preparation for the Certified Paralegal exam, be sure to review the detailed description of the sections of the Certified Paralegal examination. This is found on the NALA web site under Certification/Certified Paralegal Program/Examination Description. Click here to visit this page.
NALA is your source for continuing legal education courses. We offer a wide variety of courses that cover the topic areas included on the Knowledge exam including:
- On-Demand Webinars
- A Basic Guide for Paralegals: Ethics; Confidentiality; and Privelege, Advanced Contracts - Commercial Leases, American Legal System, An Introduction to Estate Planning, Attorney-Client Privelege Boot Camp for Paralegals, Basic Business Organizations, Basic Torts, Civil Litigation - At Step By Step Look at the Process, The Basics of Trust, Contracts - How to Manage Document Flow and the Review Process, CP Review - American Legal System, CP Review - Basic Business Organizations, CP Review - Civil Litigation, CP Review - Contract Law, CP Review - Ethics, CP Review - Judgment and Legal Analysis, CP Review - Legal Research, CP Review - Written Communications, Estate Planning for the Modern Family, Estate Planning in Action, Federal Criminal Practice, Irrevocable Trusts, Law and Ethics, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Ten Tools for Creating Clear Legal Documents, The Paralegal's Professional Responsibilities, The Paralegal's Professional Responsibilities - Role Playing Workshop
- Live Webinars
- Live Courses
- Conference sessions for 2018 to be announced soon!
- Self-Study Course
- CP Practice Exam - Practice Test Bank
To view more information on our courses including descriptions, costs, and schedules please click here.
From NALA Affiliated Associations
NALA affiliated associations are located throughout the United States. These state and local paralegal organizations are tremendous resources for paralegal activities in a specific region. Affiliated associations in 22 states offer exam review programs. Click here for the list and web addresses - there just may be one in your area.
Another source of review programs for the Certified Paralegal examination are classes offered through local community colleges. These are particularly helpful if you need to review a specific subject. Remember, though, the Certified Paralegal Exam is a nationwide exam, no state laws or procedures are tested.
The NALA Certifying Board is not involved in the development or delivery of any CP Exam study materials, preparation materials, or products; and the developers of those materials and products do not have access to any CP Exam content. The Certifying Board does not require, approve, endorse, or recommend any specific study materials or methods to be used by examinees. The Certifying Board has no involvement with the NALA online study group nor does the Certifying Board provide any information, answers, or responses to questions posed by the online study group.