- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Advanced Paralegal Certification
- Certified Paralegal Program
- For Certified Paralegals
- For Examinees
- Application-Deadlines, Qualifications and Fees
- Application-Documentation Required
- Testing Centers-Overview/Policies
- Testing Centers-PSI
- Testing Centers-NonPSI
- Preparing for the Exam- Practice Test Bank
- Preparing for the Exam-Suggested Study Material
- Join NALA
Paralegal students who are nearing graduation may take the Certified Paralegal examination under certain conditions.
|Testing Window:||Graduation Date
No Later Than:
This option requires:
- A statement signed by the paralegal program director confirming the student’s pending graduation date.
- A statement signed by the examinee acknowledging that if, for any reason, graduation requirements are not met and the examinee does not complete the program, the examination results will not be released and all fees forfeited.
Additional forms will be required of all candidates if filing applications prior to meeting the eligibility requirements. Contact NALA Headquarters for the required forms and further information about this requirement.
Transferring to different testing window.
Those whose applications are approved for a certain testing window may transfer to a subsequent window at any time. Once an application is approved, an examinee will have two years to sit for any section of the examination. If the examinee does not sit for any section within two years, the application will be returned and the examination fee refunded less the $50 processing charge. Any refunds will be issued by check and sent to the individual or company originally paying the examination fee.
Americans with Disability Act
The Certified Paralegal examination is administered in compliance with requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act. All special requests must accompany the application form. Click here to download special accommodations form. Examinees qualifying for special accommodations under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act must attend a PSI testing center.
An individual’s application status, exam results, and personal identifying information is confidential and will not be released by NALA to any person without the consent of the individual or as required by law, except to exam proctors as required for administration of the exam.
NALA does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or family status.