- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Subrogation Supervisor - posted 9/4/19
Subrogation Supervisor - posted 9/4/19
HMS Holdings Corp.
50 ,000 to 60,000
We are seeking a talented individual for a Subrogation Operations Supervisor position who is responsible for supervising an operations team, playing an integral role in the production, creation, and delivery of health care products or services to internal and external clients.
HMS contracts with Arizona Medicaid to perform their Subrogation and Third Party Liability recoveries, ensuring Medicaid has funding for those who need it.
- Supervises all activities associated with a limited agenda of an operating department’s day-to-day production regimen.
- Supervises assigned staff including responsibility for recruiting and performance management.
- Ensures adherence to departmental budget by managing resources and over time while staying in budget.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to staff as appropriate.
- Acts as an escalation point for teams, supporting all customers to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Manages operational workflows; meet internal and external SLA’s (Service Level Agreements).
- Provides reports and updates to management as assigned or requested.
- Supports and administers various departmental and corporate policies consistent with the company’s core values and philosophies.
- Ensures all processes meet HIPAA and Government security requirements with regard to sharing/storage/PHI (Personal Health Information).
- Develops and maintains work procedures, schedules and workflow.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Organizes and leads team meetings.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal files, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and business correspondence; ability to speak effectively, both in person and by telephone, to customers, attorneys, arbitrators, mediators and employees of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Personal Injury, Elder law, Probate law or Insurance industry preferred
- Ability to operate with strong personnel management skills to motivate staff and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
- Ability to handle pressure and with deadline oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing applications.
- Ability to perform calculations, problem solve and use reasoning.
- Ability to apply existing knowledge of health care marketplace including commercial and government insurance health plan organizations and HIPAA guidelines with their associated security requirements.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Ability to work independently to meet predefined production and quality standards
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
www.hms.com/careers or email resume to email@example.com
Prior Supervisory Experience. Medicaid, Legal, Probate, Insurance, Investigation or Personal Injury Experience
Application Due Date:
September 20 2019
Direct subrogation experience not required. Looking for someone with the desire to learn a new area of law or add to your knowledge in Medicaid, probate, insurance, health or personal injury law and a determination to oversee a winning team for the State of Arizona's Medicaid subrogation contracts. Great benefits and career growth opportunities within the company.