- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
Paralegal - posted 11/7/19
Paralegal - posted 11/7/19
BPX Legal Department seeks an experienced Paralegal to provide support with legal matters arising from BPX Energy’s Denver-based business units and functions. The position will assist with a portion of BPX Energy’s litigation docket, aid in the overall administration of internal Legal Department processes and systems, and conduct factual and legal research for a variety of practice areas including oil and gas, environmental, commercial, and employment law.
- Manage discovery and other projects for litigation arising out of activity in the Permian and Eagle Ford Business Units
- analyze incoming discovery requests and outline custodians and document search repositories
- participate in interviews of custodians and in meetings with external counsel and business clients related to assigned litigation matters
- facilitate document identification and collection efforts
- review written discovery response drafts and provide comments
- work with vendors and external counsel to ensure adherence to BPX discovery processes and workflows across all discovery phases
- Conduct legal and factual research for Denver-based attorneys for oil and gas, environmental, commercial and employment law matters
- Provide legal administrative support to aid overall legal operations
- prepare legal forms and correspondence
- assist with mailings
- manage the Legal Department’s filing system and document retention process
- document and track external requests and demands received by the Legal Department
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree; Paralegal certification by national organization preferred
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ paralegal experience in either a law firm or business law department (experience with upstream oil and gas legal issues is strongly preferred).
- Experience managing and responding to a variety of litigation matters, including subpoenas, discovery requests, pleadings, etc.
- A thorough understanding of current electronic discovery technologies and the discovery obligations imposed on litigants.
- Proficiency with online legal research tools.
- Ability to work well with outside counsel, have strong business acumen, excellent attention to detail, and a proven track record as a team player.
- Exceptional organizational skills, excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think quickly and analytically and be able to manage multiple priorities under short deadlines.
- Prior project management experience in large, complex electronic discovery projects is preferred.
Application Due Date:
December 15 2019