- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Paralegal - Real Estate - posted 6/24/19
Paralegal - Real Estate - posted 6/24/19
The Boeing Company
The world's leading aerospace company is seeking a very experienced real estate paralegal to support the Real Estate practice group within the Law Department at our South Seattle location.
This Paralegal will be responsible for directly supporting domestic and international real estate transactions at Boeing, including commercial and residential leases, real property purchases and sales, the real estate aspects of M&A transactions, easements, access agreements, and related documents.
The individual should possess a combination of sophisticated expertise, persistence, and an ability to navigate through multiple layers of a complex organization like Boeing.
The individual should also have outstanding people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personalities and practice groups within and outside the Company via telephone, IM and email, and in-person contact. Must have the ability to manage, summarize, negotiate, review, analyze, and (using pro formas) draft sophisticated real estate documents.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with attorneys and client organizations and assist with the preparation, drafting, editing and negotiation of real estate documentation (including U.S. domestic and international purchase and sale agreements, closing documents, leases, amendments, extensions, assignments, terminations, access and license agreements, easements, confidentiality agreements, estoppel certificates, non-disturbance agreements, etc.).
- Track assigned projects and issues related to real estate transactions and documents.
- Review documents to confirm that agreed changes have been incorporated into final documents, cross-references are correct, etc.
- Summarize material terms of contracts (including declarations, covenants, leases, and other real estate documents).
- Perform legal and factual research and investigation using research databases and other resources as assigned by attorneys.
- Support all aspects and stages of real estate transactions, with an emphasis on acquisition and sales due diligence review, document preparation, closing logistics/mechanics coordination and post-closing follow-up.
- Support due diligence activities in connection with M&A activity, including post-closing integration and administration.
- Develop professional relationships with resources both within the Company and outside the Company as necessary to fulfill job assignments and facilitate information gathering and research goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- A minimum of five (5) years of real estate and related experience, including a background in real estate transactions, leasing and development, with a law firm or in-house legal department.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working at a law firm, government/military or corporate in-house counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-accredited institution and experience in complex real estate transactions in a lead paralegal role is preferred.
- Experience supporting and closing transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, leases, financings and developments.
- Environmental compliance or litigation experience, and/or aerospace industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with various internal clients at different levels within the organization, outside counsel and colleagues within the global Law Department, and a diverse variety of other contacts.
- Ability to review and succinctly summarize factual data for attorneys or other paralegals to support legal arguments.
- Ability to work independently to assess, prioritize, and manage a heavy workload with multiple requests from several attorneys on various matters and handle given assignments with minimal oversight by attorneys and/or senior paralegals.
- Ability to multi-task, work in teams, work independently and problem-solve.
- Ability to prioritize and execute numerous tasks under time constraints.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- A positive, constructive attitude is required.
- Strong project management and legal research skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please review job details and apply to the job at https://jobs.boeing.com/job/seattle/paralegal-real-estate/185/12214107
Application Due Date:
July 21 2019
Please review and complete online application at the Boeing Job Posting of Paralegal - Real Estate at https://jobs.boeing.com/job/seattle/paralegal-real-estate/185/12214107