- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Paralegal II - posted 11/14/18
Paralegal II - posted 11/14/18
McNeal Professional Services
We are looking to place a Paralegal II on a project with the Department of Justice in Louisville, KY.
- Assist members of the team with criminal and civil case assignments
- Perform legal research and presenting results in writing; drafting simple charging documents and pleadings for cases, summarizing hearing and trial testimony; and selecting, summarizing and compiling comparative data.
- Trial tasks include organizing exhibits, subpoenas, evidence, and visual aids for use; and preparing witness and trial notebooks for use during courtroom appearances.
- Assist in interviewing potential witnesses for grand jury and court appearances.
- Contact and schedule witness appearances and travel.
- Conduct legal research and drafts motions and appellate briefs.
- Knowledge of computer systems, databases, and litigation discovery process,
- Knowledge of document review software
- At least one year’s experience performing electronic discovery roles including but not limited to electronic files processing, image and data file conversion, data culling using review tools, quality assurance, database loads and retrieval, required.
- Create and modify files for upload and perform individual file conversion in support of electronic file processing.
- Contractor will receive and process electronic files, including email files and other files in their native formats, digital image files, even load-ready data and image files.
- Contractor will process, export in specified electronic formats, and load or import data into COTS products and litigation support applications.
- Processing of electronic discovery will include scanning, importing electronic files, and OCR’ing documents using e-discovery processing software; exporting electronic files to various formats and loading and updating databases.
- Contractor will perform quality assurance of all electronic file processing services.
- Contractor will work with the USAO to ensure that incoming discovery productions are made pursuant to the applicable ESI specifications and when deficiencies are found, provide detailed notice of deficiencies and assist in correcting said deficiencies.
- Contractor will ensure that all exports for productions are made pursuant to applicable ESI specifications and/or the requirement of the requesting party or USAO personnel using the guidelines established by the USAO.
- Contractor will ensure high quality, timely and cost-effective methods are followed through procedures established by the USAO.
- Contractor will provide some helpdesk support in all litigation support software applications.
- Contractor will provide training to users as necessary to enable users to utilize the litigation support applications.
- Experience with eScanit, Eclipse, LAW, IPRO Suite, Relativity, and CaseMap suite valued.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Educational Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree **This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation** *2 Years of Litigation Paralegal experience. *Automated litigation experience with software
Phone Screen then In-Person interview with DOJ
Application Due Date:
December 03 2018
McNeal Professional Services, Inc. is a 17 year national Wireless Engineering and Staffing Services firm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. Join our great team today! If interested and available, please reply to email@example.com with an updated Word version of your resume and salary requirements.