- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Paralegal - posted 7/1/19
Paralegal - posted 7/1/19
$17 - $26/hr DOE
To manage the tasks and timelines of a case from signing up a new client through case resolution. To oversee Legal Assistants.
Paralegals provide project management support to attorneys, including, but not limited to:
- Prepare legal documents, applications, forms, correspondence, complaints, discovery documents, hearing applications and other filings. Organize and maintain documents in electronic filing system.
- Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
- Proofread documents from legal assistants or attorneys before submission.
- Gather and compile records, exhibits and related information for filings and hearings.
- Be the main point of client contact, ensuring clients are given updates to their case and their questions are answered.
- File pleadings with court clerk.
- Ensure subpoenas are served as needed.
- Create or oversee creation of financial documents such as WKC3s, 16Bs or financial disclosure statements.
- Direct and coordinate Legal Assistant activity. Meet with legal assistant to coordinate and monitor tasks and deadlines.
- Keep attorneys and others updated on case status via case status meeting documents or other means. Propose next steps as necessary.
- Liaise with attorneys regarding the status of files, important incoming mail or other client information.
- Make travel arrangements, arrange for conference rooms, engage court reporters and other tasks as needed for out-of-town depositions and mediations.
- Ensure deadlines are calendared
- Other administrative assistance, as requested
Requirements or Qualifications:
Certificate or relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proficient and accurate typing skills
- Possess intermediate knowledge of document management and practice management systems
- Possess intermediate knowledge of MS Word
- Excellent communication and proofreading skills
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with those internal and external to HQ
- Possess excellent organizational skills and independent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills when managing projects and staff
- Adaptable and flexible in a complex changing environment
Application Due Date:
July 01 2019
We offer fully paid health insurance with no deductible, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) when eligible, profit sharing, bonus, transportation stipend, vacation, sick and paid family leave and summer Fridays.