- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
Paralegal - posted 11/05/19
Paralegal - posted 11/05/19
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
$59,700 - $74,600 annually
Requisition # 261920
As part of the Federal Reserve System, the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and to do it we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference.
At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. Our total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
The Richmond Fed’s Legal Department is looking for a Paralegal to join its administrative team. The role requires keen attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a collegial attitude. The responsibilities will include workflow management, contract administration, document review, and legal research. The ideal candidate for the role will have the ability to learn and quickly master a wide range of tasks, the flexibility to manage ever-changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and the selflessness and good nature to be a true team player. Prior experience in transactional work and contract administration is preferred.
Candidates must submit an application, cover letter, and résumé. Upload these documents as attachments to your electronic submission. Formatted attachments can include Microsoft Office products (201_ or earlier work best), PDFs, JPGs, or HTML documents; size for each is limited to 1.5MB. Once your profile is complete, attach your profile to open requisition #261920 (Paralegal) and hit “Submit.” Your information will immediately come into the assigned recruiter’s view.
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Review, determine completeness of, and correct deficiencies in contracts
- Administer the contract review process, directing contracts to the Bank’s attorneys for their review and collaborating with the Bank’s procurement professionals
- Understand contracts and the fundamental legal concepts underlying them
- Research, analyze, and track statutes, regulations, cases, policies and procedures, and related projects on a wide range of topics
- Assist with information requests and legal process, including receipt, review, calendaring, deadline compliance, correspondence with business lines for responsiveness, determination of completeness, and other tasks as directed by the Bank’s attorneys
- Track Bank litigation matters and manage litigation files
- Prepare confidential and complex documents and handle them with discretion
- Prepare and edit presentation materials for use by others (experience with PowerPoint and Visio preferred)
- Proofread and edit documents for style, content, internal consistency, and readability
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat (experience with pivot tables preferred)
Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements or Qualifications:
Essential abilities (including but not limited to):
- Show keen attention to both detail and accuracy
- Learn new concepts and tasks quickly
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion
- Demonstrate impeccable customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate superior organization and time-management skills
- Interact comfortably and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Handle multiple assignments efficiently in the face of changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Speak and write clearly
- Organize and summarize information clearly and succinctly
- Thrive as a member of a team, actively generating good ideas and helping build consensus
- Thrive as an independent contributor, taking initiative, working with minimal supervision, and meeting deadlines
- Have irrepressible can-do attitude with an eagerness to learn and help others at all times
- Maintain a good sense of humor in the face of challenging work
- Proficiency with advanced legal and office automation tools, including software for document-processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail, graphics, and collaboration web sites
- Demonstrate general knowledge of legal concepts, thorough knowledge of legal terminology
- Provide excellent customer service
- Qualifications/Experience (required):
- Some college courses (graduation from an accredited college or university is preferred)
- Paralegal certificate
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment as a Paralegal, Legal Administrative Assistant, or both
Candidate should review the Richmond Fed Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org. Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
- Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The deadline for applying on line is 5:00 PM on November 6, 2019.
- The hiring range for position $59,700 - $74,600 annually.
- Salary and position title offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Application Due Date:
November 15 2019