- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
Paralegal - posted 11/7/19
Paralegal - posted 11/7/19
Beldock Levine & Hoffman, LLP
PARALEGAL - JON DESCRIPTION
• Prominent New York City boutique law firm with practice areas in civil rights, employment, art and entertainment, family law, mental health law, criminal defense, real estate, and estate planning seeking paralegal. Primary responsibilities will be to support Partner whose practice focuses on mental health-related matters, with an emphasis on the monitoring and mediation of complex class action lawsuits involving correctional systems of treatment, forensic hospitals, reentry planning, and community-based systems. Regular responsibilities and assignments will include but not be limited to:
- processing voluminous and confidential electronic records using ADOBE and EXCEL
- maintaining the attorney’s files in manor that is highly organized and easy to navigate
- scanning in and organizing documents and materials,
- completing attorney’s billing records,
- sending correspondences to contacts via letters and emails,
- proof reading reports and other documents,
- encrypting/password protecting confidential client records,
- managing logistics of monthly reports are filed and delivered to all necessary parties,
- other duties as assigned by attorney and/or needs of the office.
- The position also requires support of other attorneys and daily general office administration duties such as answering phones, mailings, scanning, contacting vendors such as the IT company and copy machine company.
Requirements or Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND WORK HISTORY REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate Degree required
- Prior office experience required, prior law office experience strongly preferred
- Public Notary a plus
- Communication Skills – The position requires the ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone, and in email. Must be able to communicate professionally and courteously with clients, attorneys, colleagues, co-counsels, medical professionals, and other professional contacts.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving Skills – The position requires the ability to work through challenges to reach end goals. Must be able to find solutions independently and use good judgement on when it is necessary to inquire with an attorney about an issue.
- Multi-task Skills - The position requires the ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Organizational/Detail Oriented – The position requires exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail in all facets of the job.
- Responsibility – must be able to work independently and hold oneself accountable – must be able to see all assignments through until completion.
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency with regular office computer skills such as email, navigating the internal electronic filing system, burning discs, scanning/copying, converting to PDF, emailing, e-faxing, saving documents to electronic files, organizing electronic files, etc.
- Proficiency in MICROSOFT WORD and EXCEL and ADOBE ACROBAT or PRO
- Proficiency with Mailings – UPS, FEDEX, USPS – knowledge on basic cover letters, envelope templates, printing labels, etc.
- Proficiency with basic office machines such as Scanner/Copier and Mail Machine
Application Due Date:
December 31 2019
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY • Email a Cover Letter, Resume, and THREE professional references all as one PDF named as: “Your Last Name, First Name – Paralegal Application” to email address: Applications@blhny.com. The subject of the email line should also be “Your Last Name, First Name – Paralegal Application” .