- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
Litigation Paralegal - posted 11/05/19
Litigation Paralegal - posted 11/05/19
Gerstle, Minissale & Snelson, LLP
Gerstle, Minissale & Snelson, LLP is a civil litigation firm with an emphasis on the areas of construction law, professional liability, and business throughout the State of Texas. Our attorneys are highly experienced and successful trial lawyers who are also engineers and contractors, making the firm uniquely qualified to understand construction and professional liability issues. We are currently looking for a litigation paralegal to assist in our growing practice.
The Litigation Paralegal will assist attorney(s) by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, and fact checking; and trial preparation. Job responsibilities will also include:
- Northwest Austin
- Prepares and responds to written discovery requests.
- Drafts legal documents including pleadings and motions under the supervision and review of an attorney.
- Reviews written production for substance, relevance, and privilege.
- Monitors schedule and tracks deadlines.
- Communicates with counsel, clients, courts, and mediators.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- E-Files documents in state and federal courts.
- Performs basic research in Westlaw, Everlaw, and PACER.
- Prepares exhibits and exhibit lists, deposition excerpts, and witness lists for arbitration or trial, and assists attorneys in preparation for depositions, hearings and trial.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of the procedural requirements for civil litigation contained in the Texas and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Knowledge and experience in E-Filing with State and Federal courts
- Excellent, clear, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to track multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- 1 year of experience handling civil litigation required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Gerstle, Minissale & Snelson, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Gerstle, Minissale & Snelson, LLP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Application Due Date:
December 15 2019