- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Legal Secretary - posted 8/29/19
Legal Secretary - posted 8/29/19
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Job Posting Title: Legal Secretary
Location: Washington, D.C.
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Legal Secretary within our Legal Secretaries Department in our Washington, D.C. office.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 12-24 months experience as a Legal Secretary and an unrivaled commitment to exceptional client service to join a successful international law firm. Prior Litigation experience is desirable but not a prerequisite. If this has piqued your interest more details can be found below.
Under general supervision the Legal Secretary performs a variety of secretarial tasks to support assigned attorneys and other timekeepers. Legal Secretaries provide a high level of client service and support while producing a high volume of consistently excellent work product. They are expected to maintain a general knowledge of the Firm's practice areas and a specialized knowledge of the assigned attorneys' practice area (Litigation) and clients in order to enhance and promote communication between attorneys and their clients and to provide excellent, personalized service to support attorney/client relationships. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
- Consistently promotes and models the Firm's Client Service Principles in teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensures exemplary client service to all internal and external clients; proactively promotes client service throughout department and among teams; responds to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
- Provides professional client relationship management with external clients.
- Creates, edits, and proofreads complex and practice-specific legal documents, forms, and correspondence, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- In conjunction with Paralegals, may prepare or coordinate the preparation of Responses to Auditor Requests. Assists with preparation of Opinion Letters.
- Creates and maintains client/matter lists and communication lists.
- Organizes and accurately maintains physical and electronic documents and files in a timely manner. Creates and maintains working files and binders as requested. Utilizes Firm provided software to accurately store email messages, and maintain and retrieve files.
- Utilizes Outlook to schedule appointments and calendar dates. Maintains contacts in Outlook.
- Assists with timenote entry, including inputting timenotes, editing, proofreading, and closing them on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of internet resources to perform basic legal research and print off cases, as requested.
- Utilizes Ework software to open new matters, prepare engagement letters, and process conflict reports.
- Collaborates with Client Account Manager and assigned timekeepers to manage billing process, including editing prebills, generating reports, and sending out final invoices. May assist with collection efforts. Coordinates client, matter and timekeeper inquiries.
- Initiates client file transfer requests and assists with client disengagements.
- May facilitate the secure transfer of case/client data in accordance with firm's data security policy.
- Provides backup support to other attorneys and timekeepers as needed. Volunteers for overflow work assignments when time permits and actively seeks to maximize productivity and promote teamwork. Participates in departmental projects designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues.
- Acts and assists as a proactive mentor for junior staff and new employees. Assists with training regarding specific Firm processes and procedures as requested.
- Answers telephones and relays messages. Arranges conference calls, video conferences and live meetings.
- Copies, scans, faxes, and prints documents and attachments.
- Prepares materials for mailing and overnight delivery, including printing, assembling, copying, and ensuring appropriate delivery.
- Receives deliveries of items such as faxes, files, and boxes, and routes them appropriately.
- Makes conference room reservations, coordinates meals, multimedia, and other services as requested.
- Coordinates travel arrangements through the Firm's travel department as requested.
- Prepares expense reimbursements, arranges for payment of invoices, and prepares check requests as needed.
- In conjunction with the Records Department, assists with the organization and preparations of materials for storage. Assists with maintaining high density storage area.
- May participate in the organization and planning of events.
- May assist in the preparation of marketing materials as requested.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- College Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 12 months recent Legal Secretarial experience. Litigation experience preferred.
- Experience working in a large law firm preferred.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are (http://www.mofo.com/) , and what we do (http://www.mofo.com/practices).
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fd732nm6qwj96m77
Application Due Date:
August 28 2019