- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Legal Hold Manager - posted 6/20/19
Legal Hold Manager - posted 6/20/19
Perkins Coie LLP
The Legal Hold Manager will serve as a member of the Professional Standards Department providing experienced legal hold support to the Firm’s Legal Hold Counsel. This position will support compliance activities associated with the legal hold process and other programs and procedures, including the drafting of communications and participation in internal discovery efforts. This position will include corporate research, document and information management, database management and other duties requiring technical expertise, judgment, discretion and attention to detail.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to independently plan and manage assignments delegated by the Legal Hold Counsel.
- Support for the Legal Hold Counsel on preservation and internal discovery efforts as well as support for other firm compliance and information governance activities, as directed by the Legal Hold Counsel.
- Assist with internal reporting on compliance issues and programs. Assist in Firm discovery process, including document review and production of privilege logs.
- Perform research and investigative tasks as needed. Draft and revise legal documents and correspondence. Provide appropriate information and prepare reports, as requested.
- Manage Legal Hold database, review status of legal holds, and participate in database updates and testing.
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to work at a high level in a fast-paced legal environment while sustaining a superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to meet the requirements of new and developing assignments, making progress despite ambiguity.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, including the ability to communicate with lawyers and staff, with a demonstrated ability to effectively achieve assignment goals.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of litigation discovery practices and databases.
- Strong knowledge of document management databases, information storage applications and systems utilities.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with Firm lawyers and staff.
- Strong independent judgment skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise discretion.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to coordinate a heavy ongoing workload and complex and/or multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously, with a strong sensitivity to deadlines and Firm priorities, and without stringent supervision and direction.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of standard MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- A proven history of trustworthiness with highly confidential and sensitive data, and the ability to keep privileged Firm and client information strictly confidential.
Specific Skills Preferred:
- Demonstrated fluency in internet and database research.
- Working knowledge of records and information management principles in a law firm environment.
- Working knowledge of ethical guidelines.
- Ability to detect procedural problems and determine appropriate resolutions.
Education & Experience:
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and five years of legal hold or complex litigation support experience. Experience with information governance, compliance programs, information management and security programs is helpful.
Please Apply Online:
Application Due Date:
July 19 2019