- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Firmwide Lateral Recruiting Coordinator - posted 8/7/19
Firmwide Lateral Recruiting Coordinator - posted 8/7/19
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Job Posting Title: Firmwide Lateral Recruiting Coordinator
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Firmwide Lateral Recruiting Coordinator within our Attorney Recruiting Department in our San Francisco office.
Morrison & Foerster LLP prides itself on its exceptional talent and we are looking for someone not only to join that that roster but to be instrumental in adding to it in the future. The Firmwide Lateral Recruiting Coordinator is a key member of the Attorney Recruiting Department and will have responsibilities that are international in scope, working with Partners and Associates from a variety of cultures the successful candidate need to be highly client service oriented, adaptable, poised, and bring with them a track record of success in fast paced corporate environments.
The position, guided by department objectives and priorities and under the direct supervision of the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, provides San Francisco office and firm wide lateral recruiting support, and supports firm wide non-partner lateral attorney activity. Provides full recruiting life cycle support from initiation to fulfillment for lateral partner and of counsel acquisitions, including recruiting processes, best practices, related client service developments, candidate support, and collaboration with search firms and on-boarding; ensures processes are streamlined firm wide. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of the position.
General Recruiting and Hiring
- In conjunction with the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, participate in strategic intake meetings with hiring partners to learn about the practice group need and communicate the need to key stakeholders/search firms in order to quickly respond with timely solutions and actionable plans to the practice group demand.
- Contribute to the building of strategic liaisons and advisory relationships with prospective hires to ensure substantive, ongoing contact with the Firm, and to promote desired acceptance rates. Under department guidance, provide ongoing applicant communications, guidance, informational and policy assistance, etc.
- Under the direction of the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, support firm wide recruiting and various other initiatives and projects in all areas of lateral recruiting that include people, process and technology. In addition, provide administrative support, including meeting scheduling, heavy calendaring, and materials generation, for special ad hoc lateral projects that impact cross-functional initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients including attorneys, staff, outside agencies, other recruiters, etc.
- Actively participate in firm wide recruiting meetings and committees.
Lateral Recruiting and Hiring (Partner and Of Counsel)
- Under the direction of the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, screen resumes and applications, distribute paperwork of qualified applicants to appropriate parties, and maintain applicant files.
- Under the direction of the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, schedule lateral interviews including: identifying and communicating with appropriate parties regarding the interview schedule, organizing and preparing marketing materials for the candidate, greeting candidates, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of relevant Human Resources notices and other documentation (i.e. facilities) for new hires and proactively ensure that all necessary departments and parties are informed/ notified to facilitate new hires' arrival and orientation.
- Under the limited guidance of the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, responsible for the coordination and processing of various payments and reimbursements, ensuring accuracy and consistency in the reporting of all lateral recruiting invoices and related items.
Candidate Communication and Support
- In conjunction with the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, manage ongoing applicant communications. May, under general direction, answer applicant questions regarding benefits, compensation, start date, moving and relocation, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with search firms regarding recruiting needs, candidate interviews, etc.
Coordination of New Hire Processes and Orientation
- Maintain all applicant tracking mechanisms and compile statistics of interviews, offers made, rejections, offers declined and all other lateral recruiting records.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Lateral Attorney Recruiting, coordinate the creation and maintenance of the lateral recruiting process and new lateral attorney orientation materials. Review materials to ensure they are current and recommend updates as appropriate. Assist with facilitating the lateral hire arrival process.
Data Technology, Tracking and Reporting
- Responsible for the management of partner and non-partner records in applicant tracking database Taleo, and for tracking and compiling local office and firm wide lateral recruiting activity data for various weekly and monthly reports and auditing of same.
- Remain current in industry trends in attorney recruiting and the legal profession.
- Ensure expertise in relevant technology; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
- Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of legal recruiting experience in a mid-size to large law firm, professional services firm or large corporate; executive assistant experience preferred.
- Strong technology skills in MS Office products with high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and calendaring. Familiarity with Human Resource systems and relational databases preferred.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal client constituencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels within and outside the firm.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment demonstrating reliability, dependability and flexibility is essential.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Excellent organizational, process, and follow-through skills. Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
- Ability to anticipate issues, assess information, and provide responsive solutions.
- Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and critical deadlines. Ability to handle stressors related to the position and high interpersonal interaction.
- Ability to keep confidential any information, observations or viewpoints regarding Firm business matters.
- Flexibility to work additional hours outside of regular schedule as needed.
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ybd3z88mg292yr8f
Application Due Date:
October 05 2019