- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
File Specialist - posted 11/18/19
File Specialist - posted 11/18/19
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP is a top ranked Am Law 200 commercial law firm and one of the largest in the Western United States. We are seeking a File Specialist to join our team!
We are looking for a dependable individual who is bright, mature, detail oriented, and willing to learn. Must be able to maintain professional work relationships with timekeepers, managers, and staff and maintain confidentiality.We seek a highly-motivated, organized individual with the desire to learn and to provide exceptional service to our teams and our clients.
The File Specialist will provide legal and general office support to attorneys, paralegals, and on occasion, other staff. Success in this position requires the ability to balance a variety of tasks with accuracy and proficiency while maintaining organization and attention to detail. Duties include but are not limited to organizing, indexing, labeling, and maintaining electronic and paper files; locating and retrieving documents; scanning and copying documents; electronic document profiling; coding documents in databases; opening and closing files; data entry; preparing mail; basic Internet searches; assisting with preparation of documents for events, such as meetings, arbitration, mediation, real estate closings, trial; and a variety of special projects. This position may also perform back up reception duties as needed.
About Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie:
Our award winning team of lawyers offer extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines. We strive to be the employer of choice in the legal community. Our goal is to attract talent of varied backgrounds who meet our standards of excellence and reflect the marketplace that we serve. We embrace this diversity; it contributes to our success.
We invite you to take advantage of the opportunity to learn, grow, and work in a collaborative environment where you can benefit from firm-wide resources that support all staff in the development of their professional careers.
Requirements or Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Current or impending enrollment in or recent graduate from a paralegal program at a regionally accredited college or university preferred
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing required
- Ability to work with and take direction from a variety of people, including attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries, managers, and other legal or administrative staff required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required
- Ability to lift a 40 pound banker’s filing box, heavy binders, and push or pull a loaded cart required
- High level of technology literacy required; demonstrated skill in the use of MS Office Suite, Web browsers, PDF compilation programs, databases, etc. preferred
- Self-starter preferred
- Detail orientation required
- Team player with the ability to work independently required
- Ability to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Ability to work occasional overtime
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with preparing mail and packages for delivery with carriers helpful
- Strong organizational skills required, including the ability to effectively organize, index, sort, label, and file documents with accuracy and proficiency
- Effective searching skills required, including the ability to locate and retrieve electronic and hard copy documents and locate basic information via the Internet, often with minimal information to start
- Data entry accuracy and proficiency highly desired, including the ability to identify how and where to profile electronic documents and how to code documents in databases
- Ability to communicate with attorneys, paralegals, management, and legal staff via email and phone and to proactively follow up as needed
- Ability to organize and index electronic or hard copy documents and compile same into binders, CDs, DVDs, or other media, including portable drives in preparation for deadlines and events
- Ability to follow firm protocols in work and administrative matters
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- 9-paid holidays per year
- Benefits start on day 1
- 5 medical plan options to choose from
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Well-being program
- Employer-paid life insurance and long term disability
- And much more!
Application Due Date:
December 18 2019
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie offers competitive compensation and benefits, including: • 401(k) with generous employer match • 4 weeks of paid time off • 9-paid holidays per year • Benefits start on day 1 • 5 medical plan options to choose from • Tuition reimbursement • Gym reimbursement • Well-being program • Employer-paid life insurance and long term disability • And much more! How to Apply Thank you for your interest in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click the link below or visit lrrc.com No phone calls or emails please. We will contact you if your resume indicates that you are a strong candidate for this position. https://jobapply.page.link/FJP5 We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, age, physical or mental disability, spousal affiliation, marital status, a serious medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.