- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Document Analyst - posted 6/24/19
Document Analyst - posted 6/24/19
Buffalo Regional Office, NYSI
$35000 - $45500/Yearly Salary
Document Analysts are important members of a highly collaborative team within our New York State Insurance Division. Reporting to a Supervisor, you will be responsible for analyzing, indexing, and naming No Fault Auto Insurance documents submitted by the parties prior to arbitration. Responsibilities also include reporting discrepancies in document filings and assisting conciliators in resolving indexing anomalies. The ideal candidate should be computer savvy, have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and have a strong eye for detail.
The American Arbitration Association offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to have a rewarding career in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our comprehensive benefits program includes the following: health and Rx, dental and orthodontia, vision, student loan repayment program, discounted pet insurance, disability insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, 403(b) and Roth 403(b) retirement plans w/company match, a discounted corporate FitBit program, and generous paid time-off benefits. We also offer a comprehensive initial and on-going training program including monthly training courses to enhance personal and professional development.
- Reviews party submissions for accuracy; identifies and reports faulty, incorrect, or unclear submissions; and differentiates document submissions into categories.
- Recognizes and reports on filing patterns, changes or anomalies in filing habits and serves as a subject matter expert on document identification and indexing.
- Meets and keeps abreast of applicable rules, regulatory compliance requirements and procedures regarding case processing and other work assignments. Complies with established operating procedures, NYS regulations, as well as AAA’s policies and procedures.
- Receives and responds to correspondence in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with supervisor to recognize and apply regulatory compliance as well as makes suggestions to ensure operational efficiency. Anticipates and resolves documentation and client service issues as well as ensures unresolved or complex issues are escalated to management.
- Maintains confidentiality and neutrality in the handling of proprietary and customer information.
Requirements or Qualifications:
Education & Experience: Associates degree in business or related discipline; 2 years of relevant experience (e.g. customer service, medical/liability insurance, case administration, or legal environment); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal files, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to read and write business correspondence; ability to speak effectively, both in person and by telephone, to customers, attorneys, arbitrators, mediators and employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; ability to understand and interpret statistical reports, financial/fee schedules, data charts and graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Possesses ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables; exercises sound judgment to make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions, including the ability to determine importance as well as when to elevate problems to a supervisor.
Technical Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based case management systems.
The American Arbitration Association is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and considers all employees and applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/9ch4vwdw2m8djsby
Application Due Date:
August 20 2019