- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Join NALA
Case Assistant - posted 6/18//19
Case Assistant - posted 6/18//19
American Arbitration Association
Reporting to the Manager of ADR Services, the Case Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support on the case management process in accordance with the rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to have a rewarding career in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. Our comprehensive benefits program includes the following: health and Rx, dental and orthodontia, vision, student loan repayment program, discounted pet insurance, disability insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, 403(b) and Roth 403(b) retirement plans w/company match, a discounted corporate FitBit program, and generous paid time-off benefits.
- Prepares communications for parties and arbitrators in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Assists in the management of alternative dispute resolution cases in accordance with the rules and procedures of the AAA, and maximizes the utilization of AAA systems and proprietary software applications to create efficiencies.
- Maintains online case records in accordance with corporate standards, including electronic files and system records using proprietary software application.
- Maintains the flow of case communications by updating and maintaining documents online, and indexing and naming documents in accordance with established procedures.
- Observes billing, disbursement and collection policies and practices.
- Provides assistance to the Manager and other team members in completing tasks and monitoring emails for assigned arbitration cases.
- Maintains neutrality and confidentiality.
Education & Experience: Associate's degree in business or related discipline; and 2 years of related work experience (e.g. comprehensive customer service or case administration in a law or judicial corporate environment); or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal files, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and business correspondence; ability to speak effectively, both in person and by telephone, to customers, arbitrators, mediators or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to understand and interpret statistical reports, data charts and graphs.
- Technical Skills: Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; basic proficiency with web-based case management systems.
- The American Arbitration Association is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and considers all employees and applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7jh56ktwt3td8pm8