- About NALA
- For Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
Business Development Specialist (Litigation Data Steward) - posted 10/17/19
Business Development Specialist (Litigation Data Steward) - posted 10/17/19
Morrison and Foerster LLP
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Job Posting Title: Business Development Specialist - Litigation
Location: San Francisco
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Business Development Specialist within our Marketing Department in our San Francisco office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, works closely with practice groups, managers and pitch hub to develop and sustain loyal client base for increased work, revenue and profitability. Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance and improvement of WebBack, Experience Manager and Proposal Generator and the Marketing Community Page. Responsible for firm processes and procedures for data collection related to litigation on these services. Responsible for developing services related to the Marketing RFP database. Tracks and maintains business development materials and data. Ensures meticulous execution of all projects and work, with data and content consistently accurate and well presented. Attains synergies for all marketing programs through effective collaboration. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
WebBack, Experience Manager and Proposal Generator Development
- Develop and continue to improve WebBack, Experience Manager and Proposal Generator to ensure systems provide optimal benefits for marketing materials, matters and data.
- Develop training material and conduct training to Business Development personnel on WebBack, Experience Manager, Proposal Generator and Packet Generator.
- Research and keep abreast of developments pertaining to competing systems to integrate greater function and capabilities into our approach.
- Develop procedures for gathering and maintaining collateral by practice area and industry group with a focus on litigation matters.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Business Development to develop and enforce policies, customized at the practice level, to ensure active collection of new matters and maintenance of existing matter data.
- Develop relationships and work closely with other departments to share data across platforms to share efficiencies and continually improve processes.
- Liaise with vendor on deploying updates and bug fixes to existing software and develop testing procedures to ensure appropriate function of programs.
Marketing Collateral and Portal Page Coordination and Development
- Consult with Pitch Hub to develop and maintain Marketing collateral, ensuring materials are complete, up-to-date, and posted. Contribute recommendations on enhancements, additions to support department and specific objectives.
- Provide guidance on preparing and assembling Marketing materials for pitches, RFP's, presentations, etc. Ensure accuracy and high level attention to detail.
- Update, add content onto Marketing Community Page, using relevant programming tools such as HTML.
- Collaborate on design and look of Marketing Community Page. Develop and recommend changes and enhancements to page and content; follow through on changes including approvals, communication, and uploading material onto the page.
- Work closely with Marketing web content managers to ensure online content is current and that all relevant collateral updates are accurately reflected.
Marketing RFP Database Maintenance and Coordination
- Collaborate with Marketing Mangers and Pitch Hub to develop and maintain RFP database using independent judgment to create and populate database fields with descriptions of relevant topics and appropriate language regarding topics such as diversity, alternative billing arrangement, Firm-supported technology, etc.
- Participate in selection of product/tool to deliver data to users; provide guidance on Marketing business requirements; evaluate tools for Marketing needs; etc.
- Perform user acceptance testing and develop acceptance testing by others.
- Train users on use of RFP database tools.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of RFP content to ensure most current versions; ensure data and editorial changes are reflected in and consistently made throughout relevant Marketing collateral.
- Remain current in industry trends in Marketing and the legal profession.
- Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Participate on projects that increase the value of services to clients, attorneys, timekeepers and the Firm.
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
- Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least five years of relevant litigation experience in professional services marketing; law firm experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, and pitch and RFP responses.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines.
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive, detailed data.
- Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
- High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal clients.
- Highly effective communications skills, and ability to communicate credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and other applications used by department.
- Expertise in online database and Intranet research.
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines.
- Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage large amounts of paper and electronic data.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines under sometimes competing priorities.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to think beyond the task or project at hand.
- Skill to assess issues and needs and to provide responsive solutions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to achieve consensus and project results with sometimes incomplete, ambiguous, or sensitive information.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
- Strong team player skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.
Application Due Date:
November 18 2019