NALA works closely with the following organizations to support the paralegal profession:
American Bar Association (ABA). NALA has a representative on the ABA's Standing Committee on Paralegals.
In addition to supporting the paralegal profession, NALA works with the following organizations:
- Member of the Professional Certification Coalition (PCC) that monitors legislative activities in states that may impact NALA's certification holders. The PCC created a white paper on professional certifications.
- Member of the Institute for Credentialing Excellence.
- Member of the American Society for Association Executives (ASAE). Greta Zeimetz, CAE, NALA's Executive Director, is a member of ASAE's Executive Management Section Council (2nd term).
- February 29, 2019 - The Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) a member of the PCC provided an "Update on the Legislative Landscape in Credentialing."
- February 19, 2019 - Executive Director, Greta Zeimetz, CAE, attending the PCC meeting in Washington, D.C.
The Power of A - Stronger by Association
One in every three Americans is a part of our nation's vital association and nonprofit industry. There are nearly 64,000 trade and professional associations in the U.S., representing literally every industry, profession, and interest.
Associations make broad contributions to American life. They are an essential piece of our national, state, and local economies. They create jobs in every state. Their measurable economic benefits include more than 1.3 million jobs for Americans and a total payroll of nearly $51 billion. Beyond their economic impact, associations play a vital role in educating the nation’s workforce, and developing voluntary industry standards to keep families safe. Associations illustrate how America works best when it works together. www.ThePowerOfA.org