Examinees will receive an e-mail notification when PSI is ready to accept appointments and payment for the Certified Paralegal Examination.
Examinees may NOT contact PSI until this notification is received.
The notification will include the web address, PSI login name, examinee ID number, and examinee PIN number. These numbers should be identical to the information provided by NALA. If they are not, examinees should contact NALA Headquarters immediately. PSI provides two easy methods to schedule test appointments: Online at www.psiexams.com or by calling the Candidate Service Center 1-800-733-9267.
When you schedule your appointment, you should be prepared to provide any of the following information:
- The name used to schedule your appointment must exactly match the name shown on your identification. At a minimum, the identification must be a valid, government-issued ID that shows your name in the English alphabet, your signature, your photograph.
- Your sponsor issued I.D. Number.
- Contact phone numbers - If there is an unexpected event, PSI will use these numbers to contact you.
- Mailing address
- Exam title (s)
- E-mail address
- Method of payment.
The PSI web site includes a link to check testing locations. Be sure to check locations and times before paying for appointments.
Test appointments can be cancelled and/or rescheduled through the PSI Web site. Typically PSI allows you to schedule 1 day prior if space is available and requires 2 business days to reschedule your exam without penalty.
Testing Center Locations
PSI has strict rules regarding cancellation or rescheduling appointments. Changes or cancellations received fewer than 72 hours prior to the appointment date will result in a forfeiture of payment. Cancellations more than 72 hours in advance of the appointment date are eligible for refund. PSI will issue refunds as a credit back to the credit card used to make the appointment.
In rare cases weather or an emergency forces a test center closure. If this happens you will be contacted by the PSI rescheduling department within 24-48 hours to reschedule your appointment. Examinees may also call 800-733-9267 for information. Real time site information is posted at psiexams.com.
Once examinees have made the appointment and submitted payment, PSI will send a confirmation with testing center rules. The confirmation will also include directions to the testing center location.
PSI Premier PLUS™ - National Test Center Network
PSI Premier PLUS™ centers are a distinct combination of PSI owned and operated and partner sites – with over 260 PSI Premier PLUS™ Test Centers – located in all 50 of the United States, U.S. territories –these sites are available for delivering high-stakes exams and provide the level of consistency in security, design, and registration procedures that yield an unparalleled commitment to quality.
PSI Autorized Test Centers
PSI Authorized test center network sites are independently-owned and have been carefully selected for their quality, service, amenities and passion to deliver the best candidate test experience possible.
Through PSI Premier PLUS and PSI Authorized Test Centers, examinees have 450 cities to select for testing. Click here to open a map of testing center locations to give you an idea of their distribution. Exact addresses and directions are provided to examinees upon making the testing appointment(s).
PSI Testing Center Policies and Recommendations
The following are standard rules for PSI testing centers and will be followed by NALA examinees. For more detailed information, there is a frequently asked questions (FAQ) page on the PSI web site. Click here to visit this page.
PSI Cost Information
- No conversing or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted once you enter the examination area.
- You are prohibited from reproducing, communicating or transmitting any test content in any form for any purpose. Copying or communicating content is a violation of PSI security policy. Either one may result in the disqualification of examination results, may lead to legal action and will be reported to your Licensing Authority/Sponsor.
- Electronic devices and recording devices of any kind (including but not limited to cell phones, pagers, cameras) are NOT permitted in PSI testing centers.
- NO personal items should be brought to the testing centers. PSI will not be responsible for any personal items, and suggests that you leave such items in another safe place of your choosing. Only non-programmable calculators that are silent, battery operated, do not have paper tape printing capabilities, and do not have an alphabet keyboard will be allowed in the examination site.
- You must present valid, unexpired and acceptable ID(s) in order to take your test. Check your Candidate Information Bulletin or Licensing Authority/Sponsor for the specific rules that apply to your test.
- PSI requires all employees and test takers to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Exhibiting abusive behavior towards a proctor or other candidates will be reported to your Licensing Authority/Sponsor and may result in criminal prosecution.
- You must arrive at the testing center at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time in order to be admitted to take your exam.
- Persons not scheduled to take a test are not permitted to wait in the testing center or surrounding common areas.
- Once examinees have made the appointment and submitted payment, PSI will send a confirmation with testing center rules. The confirmation will also include directions to the testing center location.
Appointment fees, effective through 2013, for PSI testing centers are as listed below. The PSI appointment fees are separate from the examination fees and paid directly to PSI. Payment is required in advance.
The time stated above is the time an examinee will be in attendance at a testing center. Examinees are required to be present 30 minutes prior to the stated exam start time for check-in and sign-in into the exam session.
- 1.5 hour session - $40
- 30 minutes for check-in and instructions + 1 hour for the Ethics or Legal Research exams
- 2 hour session - $40
- 30 minutes for check-in and instructions + 1½ hour for the Communications exam
- 2.5 hour session - $47
- 30 minutes for check-in and instructions + 2 hours for the Substantive Law or Judgment & Analytical Ability exam
Examinees are cautioned that those who are termed “NO-SHOWS” will forfeit the examination appointment fee. A candidate may reschedule an appointment an unlimited number of times prior to the “red zone.” The “red zone” is 72 hours prior to the appointment date and time. Once a candidate is inside the “red zone” the appointment fee will be forfeited for a change or no-show.
The scheduled testing windows for the Certified Paralegal Examination are the months of September, January, and May. Any appointments made outside of the testing windows are subject to cancellation.
NALA is not responsible for changes in fees or policies of PSI that apply to the PSI Testing Center Network. NALA makes every effort to convey information about PSI testing center policies and fees, but amendments to the fee schedule and policies may be made by PSI that are not immediately communicated to NALA.