|Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the Conference Center Etiquette and Disclaimer and Legal Rules. If you have questions, contact NALA Headquarters.
||Click to enter the NALA Conference Center
Click for helpful tips on using the NALA Net Conference Center!
NALA reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership to the Conference Center for participants who violate Conference Center Etiquette or the Disclaimer and Legal Rules.
1. State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
DISCLAIMER AND LEGAL RULES
2. Use the preview and spell check feature of the Conference Center before posting your message.
3. Discussions in the Conference Center should be related to the paralegal profession. Posts should not advocate partisan politics, promotion of religious issues, etc.
4. Questions regarding association management issues should be e-mailed directly to NALA Headquarters.
5. Humor in keeping with these guidelines is a legitimate form of expression. Messages about Association and/or Affiliated Association activities are appropriate, with caution for personal safety. Send strictly personal messages, such as phone numbers or arrangements to meet with someone, directly to the intended individual. Use your E-mail to insert the E-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond or cut and paste the address. You may also use the E-mail links in the members' profile section of the Conference Center.
6. Do not post administrative messages such as change of an address on the Conference Center. Instead, send an E-mail to headquarters. If you are changing an E-mail address that appears on the User Page, simply change your settings.
This Conference Center is provided as a service to the members of NALA. NALA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this Center by others.
1. NALA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this Center, whether posted by NALA or any third party.
Sept 10, 2002
2. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event will NALA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this Center.
3. Posts that violate antitrust regulations, threaten, libel and/or slander other persons, products or organizations, contain profanity or consist of illegal material are not permissible and will result in the suspension or termination of the violator's right to use this Conference Center. All messages deemed inappropriate by NALA will be immediately removed from the Conference Center. NALA Affiliated Associations may post the availability of products for sale to raise funds for the Affiliated Association (such as T-shirts or other fund raising sundries). Meeting and seminar announcements may be posted for any reputable legal organization.
4. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NALA and users of this Conference Center the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
5. Do not post any messages if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
6. NALA does not actively monitor the Center for inappropriate postings and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to NALA's attention, NALA will take all appropriate action including those actions listed in paragraph three, above.
7. The President of NALA will appoint a Conference Center Committee consisting of a chair and two other persons independent of the Board of Directors. Committee members will serve at the will of the NALA President. The President of NALA or designee may make immediate decisions about removing a message from the Conference Center without consulting the Conference Center Committee. Concerns about messages that are not in keeping with the Disclaimer and Legal Rules and Etiquette will be referred to and reviewed by the Conference Center Committee. All decisions of the Conference Center Committee regarding warning letters, suspension or termination of privileges are final.