- About NALA
- About Paralegals
- Affiliated Associations
- Career Center
- Advanced Paralegal Certification
- Certified Paralegal Program
- For Certified Paralegals
- For Examinees
- Application-Documentation Required
- Application-Exam Policies
- Application-Qualifications, Policies & Procedures, and Fees
- Preparing for the Exam-Exam Format & Specifications
- Preparing for the Exam-Practice Tests
- Preparing for the Exam-Suggested Study Material
- Testing Centers-NonPSI
- Testing Centers-Overview/Policies
- Testing Centers-PSI
- Join NALA
Examinees will receive an e-mail notification when PSI is ready to accept appointments and payment for the Certified Paralegal examination. Examinees may NOT contact PSI until this notification is received. The notification will include the web address, PSI login name, examinee ID number, and examinee PIN number. These numbers should be identical to the information provided by NALA. If they are not, examinees should contact NALA Headquarters immediately. PSI provides two easy methods to schedule test appointments:
- Online at www.candidate.psiexams.com/login
- Call the Candidate Service Center 1-800-733-9267
When you schedule your appointment, you should be prepared to provide any of the following information:
- Name used to schedule your appointment must match exactly the name shown on your identification. At a minimum, the identification must be a valid, government-issued ID that shows your name in the English alphabet, your signature, your photograph
- Your sponsor issued I.D. Number
- Contact phone numbers - If there is an unexpected event, PSI will use these numbers to contact you
- Mailing address
- Exam title (s)
- E-mail address
- Method of payment
Test appointments can be cancelled and/or rescheduled through the PSI website. PSI has strict rules regarding cancellation or rescheduling appointments. Changes or cancellations received fewer than 72 hours prior to the appointment date will result in a forfeiture of payment. Cancellations more than 72 hours in advance of the appointment date are eligible for refund. Appointments may be cancelled or rescheduled on-line using the same link used to schedule appointments.
In rare cases weather or an emergency forces a test center closure. If this happens you will be contacted by the PSI rescheduling department within 24-48 hours to reschedule your appointment. Examinees may also call 800-733-9267 for information. Real time site information is posted at psiexams.com.
Once examinees have made the appointment and submitted payment, PSI will send a confirmation with testing center rules. The confirmation will also include directions to the testing center location.
PSI Testing Center Policies
The following are standard rules for PSI testing centers and will be followed by NALA examinees. For more detailed information, there is a frequently asked questions (FAQ) page on the PSI web site. Click here to visit this page.
- No conversing or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted once you enter the examination area.
- You are prohibited from reproducing, communicating or transmitting any test content in any form for any purpose. Copying or communicating content is a violation of PSI security policy. Either one may result in the disqualification of examination results, may lead to legal action and will be reported to your Licensing Authority/Sponsor.
- Electronic devices and recording devices of any kind (including but not limited to cell phones, pagers, cameras) are NOT permitted in PSI testing centers.
- NO personal items should be brought to the testing centers. PSI will not be responsible for any personal items, and suggests that you leave such items in another safe place of your choosing. Only non-programmable calculators that are silent, battery operated, do not have paper tape printing capabilities, and do not have an alphabet keyboard will be allowed in the examination site.
- You must present valid, unexpired and acceptable ID(s) in order to take your test. Check your Candidate Information Bulletin or Licensing Authority/Sponsor for the specific rules that apply to your test.
- PSI requires all employees and test takers to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Exhibiting abusive behavior towards a proctor or other candidates will be reported to your Licensing Authority/Sponsor and may result in criminal prosecution.
- You must arrive at the testing center at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time in order to be admitted to take your exam.
- Persons not scheduled to take a test are not permitted to wait in the testing center or surrounding common areas.
- Once examinees have made the appointment and submitted payment, PSI will send a confirmation with testing center rules. The confirmation will also include directions to the testing center location.
PSI Cost Information
Appointment fees, effective through 2018, for PSI testing centers are as listed below. The PSI appointment fees are separate from the examination fees and paid directly to PSI. Payment is required in advance.
- 2.5 hour session - $47
- 30 minutes for check-in and instructions + 2 hours for the Skills exam
- 3.5 hours session - $62
- 30 minutes for check-in and instructions + 3 hours for the subsequent Knowledge exam
- 4 hour session - $70
- 30 minutes for check-in and instructions + 3.75 hours for the first administration of the Knowledge exam
The time stated above is the time an examinee will be in attendance at a testing center. Examinees are required to be present 30 minutes prior to the stated exam start time for check-in and sign-in into the exam session. Examinees are cautioned that those who are termed “NO-SHOWS” will forfeit the examination appointment fee.
NALA is not responsible for changes in fees or policies of PSI that apply to the PSI Testing Center Network. NALA makes every effort to convey information about PSI testing center policies and fees, but amendments to the fee schedule and policies may be made by PSI that are not immediately communicated to NALA.