Job Title: Conflicts Specialist
Reports To: Manager of Conflicts & Records
Process all firm-wide conflict checks and new business information by using automated workflow software, to maintain up to date/accurate client and matter records with respect to all affiliated parties to a matter and proper management of conflict searches and approvals. Perform research on corporate affiliations for all new corporate clients and maintain/ remove conflict flags from the accounting system. This position entails daily interaction with secretaries and attorneys in use of the new automated software and research relating to conflict searching and file opening. PLEASE NOTE: There are 3 positions available. One shift is 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and the other shifts are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. based on business needs.
- Perform conflict searches and accurately and fully report conflict results to the attorneys through the use of automated workflow software. This entails the use external databases to perform corporate affiliation research on all new corporate clients and oversight of all pending requests for conflict searches.
- Attach complete conflict search logs to client/matter numbers once assigned, along with maintenance of an accurate electronic record of all approved or rejected conflict searches.
- Maintain and remove conflict “flags” from the automated accounting system and follow up with attorneys and secretaries on outstanding searches.
- Assist secretaries and provide support to attorneys on use of the electronic workflow system for conflict checking, as well as assist firm personnel on the business policies of the department.
- Assist New Business Intake Specialist in preparing the daily case summary, opening new clients and matters through the use of the firm’s accounting software, and handle all secretarial requests for client and matter name changes.
- Coordinate daily operation of conflicts/new business workflow assisting conflicts team and Conflicts Analysts.
- Maintain waiver and engagement letter file.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested by Manager of Conflicts & Records.
- Prior conflicts experience preferred. Without comparable experience, Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 4+ years of related records experience in a professional service organization; law firm experience preferred.
- Experience in performing and understanding conflict checks, understanding and use of automated conflict checking software, prior law firm experience and experience with standard suite of Windows products (Word, Outlook, Excel).
If interested, please apply by clicking on the link below: