Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: General Counsel
Mid-sized private company based in Dallas, Texas, seeks a Legal Assistant to work in a fast-paced, professional and team-oriented corporate legal department.
The Legal Assistant will perform a variety of duties in support of several attorneys. Under the direction of attorneys, this position will assist in preparing and revising legal documents, correspondence and reports, assist with discovery and compliance matters and assist with trademark searches and related matters, and will also provide administrative support including coordinating and maintaining attorneys’ calendars, travel and CLE and bar dues and maintaining files and litigation calendars. Over time, it is expected the person in this role will develop so that he/she may work independently on assigned matters and/or special projects with general direction from attorney(s) (e.g., working with marketing on initial trademark searches and maintaining trademark files).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 3 + years experience working in a similar role in a corporate legal department; exposure to litigation and/or IP matters a plus
- Strong computer skills with a good working knowledge of commonly used office software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with Serengeti a plus
- Good typing skills with special attention to accuracy and grammar
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills; detail oriented; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively; desire to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities as opportunities present themselves
- Professional manner
Borden Dairy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer