Job ID: 6955
Assists civil or criminal division’s attorney staff in technical assignments including: preparing and reviewing records and legal documents, locating and interviewing witnesses, assisting in case preparation, investigating evidentiary problems, drafting written briefs, motions, and opinions, and researching legal precedents, legal opinions, and statutes. Reviews and organizes medical records, manages discovery, and prepares Civil (Rule 26.1) and/or Criminal (Rule 15) Disclosure Statements. Vacancies are anticipated over the life of this eligible-to-hire list.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications. First review of applications will occur the week of July 30, 2012.
$19.55 (minimum) - $28.67 (maximum) hourly / $40,664 - $59,634 annually.
- An associate of arts and sciences degree in a legal assistant program or a related field
- Or a combination of experience and training equal to completion of a two year legal assistant educational program, supplemented by courses and/or practical experience in paralegal responsibilities, tort claims, or criminal law, the criminal justice system, and legal research and writing
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered
- Knowledge and experience in municipal law
- Knowledge of employment law and/or tort actions and familiarity with Arizona Civil and Criminal Rules
- Knowledge and experience in complying with discovery requirements
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your legal area of specialty as well as your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTERANDRESUME,PLUSANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Legal Assistant, Job Code #10030, ID #6955, 7/16/12, AB, Benefits Code: 003
Apply Here: http://www.click2apply.net/9tq74vd