In BEAUTIFUL Bozeman, Mont! F/T Paralegal in busy, sole-pract criminal practice. Duties incl client interaction, calendar, admin, drafting brief/motions/disc responses, all aspects of trial prep, case mgmt, file organization. Must be willing to learn/improve, strong computer skills, exc phone manner and client service skills, strong verbal and written skills, dependable, strong work ethic, able to handle fast-paced office, patience and great sense of humor! Cert and /5+ yrs exp. pref. Terms neg.
Position: In Bozeman, Montana. FT Paralegal in busy sole-practitioner criminal practice. Certification and 5+ yrs exp. pref. Terms negotiable.
*Intensive client interaction;
*maintain attorney calendar;
*general office admisitrative duties;
*Assist attorney with all aspects of litigation, from the early, pre-lit and research stages through trial;
*Resolve routine legal issues and research legal sources such as statutes, case law, legal articles, etc.;
*Assist with legal proceedings preparation (mediation/trial binders; depo preps, etc.);
*Assist with preparation of pleadings and drafting discovery responses and production;
*Organize and track crucial case documents and productions and retrieve them for attorney upon request;
Office: Boutique sole-practitioner law office in a professional, clean and comfortable environment. Mostly a Criminal Practice with some Personal Injury and Family Law.
Education, training, experience:
• Experience in most of the Responsibilities listed above.
• Knowledge of legal terminology, principles, procedures, and research methods, specifically related to Criminal Law.
• Knowledge of calendaring, deadlines and tasks.
• Good professional writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation and structure in emails, letters and pleadings.
• Excellent phone manner, and a lot of patience!
• Recent law firm experience.
• Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
• Strong computer and technology (e.g., scanner, printer, VOiP phones) proficiency, including Microsoft Windows XP and 7, Word, Outlook and Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet research; accurate typing of at least 60 wpm.
Ideal candidates will:
• Be willing to learn and improve.
• Be dependable, with a strong work ethic.
• Have excellent interpersonal and client service skills; a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality; and a good sense of humor!
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Care about clients, outcomes and your work.
• Have experience with Court filing procedures.
• Handle fast-paced environment at times.
• Work autonomously to drive numerous cases and meet multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
• Be detail oriented and thorough.
• Have high amount of energy and maintain great attention to detail.
• Have good knowledge of billing and practice management software.
• Be proactive, take initiative, and be a problem solver, with a high degree of initiative, time management and organizational skills, and able to work independently with minimal direction as well as part of a team.
Compensation based on level of experience.
F/T Paralegal-Bozeman, Montana
No replies to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users